Environmental & Health Policy
Format recognizes that the construction industry can have a significant impact on the environment. Format is committed to conducting its activities in an environmentally responsible manner. Format’s goal is to meet environmental protection standards expected by the community at large and by government, and to strive to exceed those standards.
To accomplish this, Format Builders & Contractors:
- Develops and maintains a corporate culture of environmental stewardship;
- Develops and maintains an Environmental Management program;
- Conducts Environmental Risk Assessments and prepare project-specific environmental control plans as required;
- Commits to training and educating our staffs and promotes a culture of minimizing our environmental impact with particular emphasis on water quality, habitat conservation, and wildlife interaction;
- Meets environmental requirements defined by legislation, regulation, government directives, standards, Best Practices and other applicable environmental standards;
- Ensures that planning and operational decision making at FBC gives great consideration to how our actions impact the environment and how we manage and actively mitigate environmental impacts;
- Integrates environmental protection into our business by planning activities to avoid or mitigates adverse environmental impacts;
- Ensures that subcontractors and their employees understand and adhere to FBC’s environmental policy and procedures;
- Conserves resource use by efficient use of energy, by reduction of emissions and discharges, by eliminating unnecessary waste and by recycling where practical;
- Ensures that response to any environmental incidents associated with FBC operations is swift and effective; and
- Works towards continual improvement of our environmental performance and environmental management systems.